Written By: Teri Johnson
Is the everyday routine of life an adventure? …or is it boring and mundane?
Let’s unpack the word adventure quick:
ad-ven-ture [ad-ven-cher] -noun 1. an exciting or very unusual experience. 2. participation in exciting undertakings or enterprises: the spirit of adventure. 3. risky or unexpected undertaking. 4. to take the chance of; dare
Life is an adventure. It’s not all about exciting experiences and large undertakings. It’s not all about endangerment, taking risks, or living extreme.
Adventure for me is in every day living. Learning. Growing. Becoming. It’s everyday walking hand in hand with God going and experiencing what He has in store for me.
- Obedience: leaning into the unknown; not avoidance.
- Taking action: not inactivity or complacency.
- Awareness: not passiveness.
My adventures are…
- Marriage: growing with my husband.
- Motherhood: learning from my boys as I parent.
- Friendship: sharing compassion, encouragement, understanding
- Working: unexpectedly discovering the depths of who I am
Through my eyes, everyday life is adventure. I’m loving the ride, are YOU? What do you think? What does the word adventure mean to you? Leave a comment below!
Until Next Time,